Tuesday 15 May 2012

More Scandal in Miss World, Fiji


So it is official now. Torika Watters will be representing Fiji next year in Bali for the Miss World competition. Fiji Live reported yesterday that Andhy Blake opened his laptop in front of her and paraphrased an email from Miss World Chief Executive, Julia Morley, which stated to send Koini Vakaloloma (first runner-up) to Mongolia this year. She stated the reason for this was Torika’s ineligible age.

Torika said she was becoming very uncomfortable with the situation, and was worried about the lies, the deception, the transparency and the lack of professionalism. I can only assume she is referring to Andhy. To make matters even more dramatic, Torika has been asked to return her Crown and her prizes. I still think she deserves some compensation for all this. Again, I stress my logical explanation that it was not her fault in the first place, so why should she suffer for the mistakes that the organisers made.

With this whole controversy, it has also been noted that the charity promised to the Saint Giles Hospital had not reached them yet. Andhy said that he had been kicked out of his house so he could not access his cheque book, as he had left it at his place.
I would like to confirm that my family literally threw me out of the house, due to the embarrassment the false media attention was causing them, and did not give me my cheque book, hence these monies were delayed in being passed onto the girls, I therefore withdraw the money using bank cheques this morning in order to settle the issues at hand.
The Mai Life Magazine facebook page does provide evidential pictures to support the claim that Andhy has paid the girls and donated to the Saint Giles Hospital. The date stated on the cheques issued is May 14, which suits well with the fact that he was kicked out of his house, thus the delay. With all this controversy, one might think that this was some sort of excuse to cater for the delay. Well, whatever the case is, at least the money was paid. Andhy is also planning to legal action against people who have defamed him.

Koini Vakaloloma said to Fiji Village that it was really sad to see how things had turned out as Watters is a beautiful and intelligent individual who deserved to represent Fiji at the pageant. Despite the setbacks, I wish her all the best.

As for Torika, I also hope that things work out well for her, and maybe she should consult a lawyer to act against the Fiji competition organisers. That would be really interesting. I can only imagine how the international media will be swarming over this, if it did happen. Well, you can rest assured as I will be updating you with any other details that come along.

1 comment:

  1. Last name only on second reference. "Evidential" is redundant in this context. I don't think it's even a word. Chequebook is one word. Facebook is a proper noun and MUST be capitalised. "Said to Fiji Village" should be "told Fiji Village."

    ReplyDelete